
So, I couldn't figure out how to get these pictures in the right order, but going backwards, I would just like to say that I have the best father-in-law in the world. (I don't mean to brag - OK, maybe I do :).) This picture is of him giving the kids a hug and pep-talk before a "secret santa" adventure in which they found a family in need and bought specific gifts for each child and dropped them off in the dark. It is experiences like these that have caused my children to absolutely love their Grandpa Walker. He always takes time to visit with them individually, as well as each of his own children and we all KNOW that he loves us. That love is definitely resiprocated! Happy Father's Day, Dad. We love you!!!
And last, but certainly not least, I have been spoiled rotten with the best husband and father I could have ever asked for. Andy treats me like a queen, even though I definitely do not deserve it at times! I remember watching him with his nephew when we were dating and thinking that he would make a great Dad. But, I had no idea he would be this great. Right now we have our home up for sale with one purpose in mind. That purpose is to find a home closer to Andy's work so that we can see him more! He is simply the most selfless person I know, always trying to help someone. I don't know how I could ever possibly deserve him, but I'll keep trying. All right, enough of that mushy stuff. I wrote him an even mushier letter for Father's Day, so I'll spare you all from reading any more of it. Happy Father's Day Andy. You da bomb!!! I would be happy living in a cardboard box, as long as I lived there with you (OK, as long as it had running water :))!
Love you all!
Heidi



Hey Heidi! I'm so glad you're in the blogging world so we can keep up with all your family happenings. Little Kassi is getting so big! love ya, Sarah
ReplyDeleteYay! Heidi, I am so glad that you joined the ranks! So much fun to see your sweet family!
ReplyDeleteGood post, it brought tears to my eyes! Your dad was just the nicest man! Your kids will have his legacy through you! You two are a lot alike!
ReplyDeletetender! i'm so glad you got a blog! hooray heidi!
ReplyDeleteDid you say "You da domb??!!" haha! I'm glad you FINALLY gave me the link to your blog!!! I'm so excited to get to see all your pictures!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteGreat Post Heidi. I can totally understand the part about your dad not being her. All though I do still have my mom physically it was a tough mothers day for sure. But it is true what peace we have knowing that in the next life we will get to be with those loved ones forever.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are all awesome. Thanks for peeking and commenting on our little blog. I'm sure you wouldn't have been able to say anything nice, Michelle if I'd given you the blog address sooner. (Andy suprised me by getting our blog started for my b-day and put a nice picture of me w/ no make-up and looking sooo lovely.) So, I didn't give out the address for a week or so until we had some other pics up! I'm so glad Andy got it started though so I can keep in touch w/ you all!
ReplyDeleteFabulous post, Heidi. Also, (not to make Andy jealous or anything) but Jesi looks more and more like a McConkie every time I see her! Your family is just adorable and I love catching up through all the pictures. So glad you decided to join us in the blogosphere!
ReplyDeleteScully, doesn't she remind you of Nicole? She totally reminds me of Nicole, especially her facial expressions when she is laughing and pouting :)!
ReplyDelete