That is what keeps me going on this seemingly impossible task of trying to keep a blog going! I had to laugh when I read my last post - as if I could POSSIBLY give myself the gift of TIME as a mother of young children. But, I know that someday I'm going to miss all the constant needs. Just writing this one paragraph, Nathan woke up from a very short nap and wanted to eat, Kassi got stuck trying to get a cup from the corner cupboard, Jesi wanted me to watch her bounce a balloon on her head, the girls both climbed into my lap to "help" & everyone wanted an early dinner, so we had a little dinner break. So, here I go again :). I am so grateful for this crazy time of my life and know that if I get through it without having a nervous breakdown that I'll look back and smile! So, I will attempt once again to record a few of the good memories for us to look back on when these times have passed us by! These first two pictures were taken on Mother's Day after church. Kassi's former nursery teacher always spoils the kids with candy after church. That explains Jesi's blue tongue.
Recently when I was thinking about some amazing women in my life who are still waiting for the blessings of marriage and children, I remembered an inspiring talk that I heard years ago, right after the September 11th attack on our country and right before my first child was born. I have always loved and respected my mother for all the sacrifices she has made for me. I love and appreciate her all the more now that I am a mother, as well as Andy's mother who bore and raised her 5 boys so well. I have also gained a love for women everywhere and for all they do to help strengthen their families, their friends, and their neighbors. Whether or not we are blessed with children of our own in this life, we ALL are mothers and we can all make a huge difference in the lives of those around us. I know that I am indebted to countless mothers and grandmothers, friends, teachers, aunts, sisters, neighbors, and women who "bear with me" and I thank each one of you and encourage you to keep on making a difference to "lift where you stand" as Pres. Uchtdorf has taught. Here are a few quotes from Sheri Dew's talk that I found very inspiring and I will attach the link to her complete talk below as well. I don't know how I'll ever catch up, but I know that every effort I make will be well worth it and I hope to be back soon to record some of the things we've been up to around here. Thanks again to all of you for your love and support and Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!
"Satan has declared war on motherhood. He knows that those who rock the cradle can rock his earthly empire. And he knows that without righteous mothers loving and leading the next generation, the kingdom of God will fail.
When we understand the magnitude of motherhood, it becomes clear why prophets have been so protective of woman’s most sacred role. While we tend to equate motherhood solely with maternity, in the Lord’s language, the word mother has layers of meaning. Of all the words they could have chosen to define her role and her essence, both God the Father and Adam called Eve “the mother of all living”—and they did so before she ever bore a child. Like Eve, our motherhood began before we were born. Just as worthy men were foreordained to hold the priesthood in mortality, righteous women were endowed premortally with the privilege of motherhood. Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us.
Few of us will reach our potential without the nurturing of both the mother who bore us and the mothers who bear with us.
Look around. Who needs you and your influence? If we really want to make a difference, it will happen as we mother those we have borne and those we are willing to bear with."
http://lds.org/general-conference/2001/10/are-we-not-all-mothers?lang=eng&query=mothers+bear+with+us
When we understand the magnitude of motherhood, it becomes clear why prophets have been so protective of woman’s most sacred role. While we tend to equate motherhood solely with maternity, in the Lord’s language, the word mother has layers of meaning. Of all the words they could have chosen to define her role and her essence, both God the Father and Adam called Eve “the mother of all living”—and they did so before she ever bore a child. Like Eve, our motherhood began before we were born. Just as worthy men were foreordained to hold the priesthood in mortality, righteous women were endowed premortally with the privilege of motherhood. Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us.
Few of us will reach our potential without the nurturing of both the mother who bore us and the mothers who bear with us.
Look around. Who needs you and your influence? If we really want to make a difference, it will happen as we mother those we have borne and those we are willing to bear with."
http://lds.org/general-conference/2001/10/are-we-not-all-mothers?lang=eng&query=mothers+bear+with+us



I don't know what you're talking about! You look like a pantein pro-v commercial in that photo! :)
ReplyDelete