It feels so good to be getting caught up on this blog that I'm going to once again pretend like I am all the way caught up and post this last weekend's festivities. My good friend Krystal and I have been friends since before I can remember (our dad's were best friends and we followed in their footsteps). I hope that we, like our fathers will be good friends throughout our entire lives. Doing some family history, our parents came to realize that my dad is distantly related to her mom, which was kind of fun too. Anyway, we decided to take our boys on a hike up to Stuart Falls and it was GORGEOUS with all the Fall leaves. The colors and conversation were both vibrant throughout the whole stretch. Hopefully Patrick didn't mind us reminiscing old girls camp songs and other hilarious memories! Krystal was the skilled photographer. I don't think Andy and I have this many pictures of us from the last several years combined. We felt like we were getting engagement photos again - and that is what Krystal liked to tell complete strangers passing by when she was taking our picture :)!
We had our picture taken on these very rocks with a big group back when we were dating 12 years ago! Crazy how the years have flown by! It has been difficult hiking with our kiddos at their young ages, but I am so excited to have them join us more as they get older! I love hiking, especially in such beautiful scenery with such wonderful people. It is a bit of heaven on earth if you ask me!
Andy has definitely made me laugh every single day. Gotta love that guy! Thanks, Krystal and Patrick for joining us. It was a blast!



Love you guys! And yes we will be friends forever. :) p.s. You and Andy are soo darling! I can tell how much you are still truly in love.
ReplyDeleteI love that your friend told everyone you were getting engagement pictures. That is so fun. What a beautiful hike! We tried to go on a hike to Stuart Falls on Labor Day. Did you park in that lot just before the pay booth? We couldn't get into it that day.
ReplyDelete