So, I hate needles and the only thing worse than getting a shot is having to pay good money for one! (Unless you get a baby when it is all said and done.) But, next year I think I might be up for the flu shot after two years of my whole family getting sick. It definitely makes me appreciate good health and I have a whole new respect for my friends who have suffered through cancer treatments and migrane headaches day in and day out while trying to raise little ones!
It has also given me a couple of hours to sit in front of the computer bundled up w/ layers and blankets and a garbage can (for the unspeakable) close by to try to figure out how in the world to get the slide show I created on photobucket.com onto my blog!!! If you are like me, you'll spend several hours trying to get something finished rather than just consider the first 10 minutes of your time wasted :) I don't even feel guilty about the uneaten homemade chicken noodle soup and dirty dishes on the table and in the sink (not to mention the state of the rest of the house today)! I thought I'd whip up some good soup to make us all feel better, but the kids didn't like it. Oh well, I guess I'll stock up on Campbells!!! I did like the last recipe I tried better. Any good recipes out there for queeeezzy tummies?!?
So now you can go on and on and on and on about how much you love the pictures below to make me feel better about spending so much time curled up in front of the computer :).



Hi Andy and Heidi, I loved the pictures of your November famiy reunions! Hope all is well with you.
ReplyDeleteyou poor darling! i haven't seen the pics yet, but i'll go there next. :) we're almost out of all that delicious jam you gave us. we've just been slurping it up - it's SO good! can i get your recipe? not that i'll really try canning, but i might . . . :) get better, heidi-ho
ReplyDeleteI wish I could say it was a special recipe with a secret ingredient or something, but I didn't even know there was such a thing as plum jam until I checked the instructions inside of the Ball Fruit Jell Pectin box. I did some with the powder and some w/ liquid pectin and they both set up, but I've heard the liquid "always" sets whereas the powder you have to measure very carefully?!?
ReplyDeleteI highly endorse the "shot"! I don't like needles either but the stomach flu is the worst! Feel better...cause we are coming to town. I love the photos. We love the plum jam too!
ReplyDeleteUgh, no fun Heidi! But honestly, the shot is not bad at all. Every time I get it, I worry and dread it beforehand. -Then they do it and I'm always like, "That's it?" Hope you get better soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm too scared to get a flu shot. I hate needles. But you should get one! How miserable to be sick!
ReplyDelete