Friday, January 2, 2009

Drew's Kung Fu Panda B-day Party!!!

Drew's practically insane mother allowed him to invite about 15 boys to a fun Kung Fu Panda party at his house in Provo. He wanted to invite some of his friends from Spanish Fork, some from his new neighborhood, and some from his class at school. How could she resist?!? This is Drew cooking up some of his "secret ingredient noodle soup." I won't mention that half of the secret ingredient (which consisted of a bunch of Ramen seasoning packets) ended up all over the floor and we are just lucky the glass bowl didn't break in the process.


Drew served up his secret recipe to his friends, who all had to at least "try" to use their chopsticks. One of the boys asked for a rubber band and pretty soon I was searching the house for a dozen rubber bands to put on the end of the chopsticks?!? I think we'll try to replace the white carpet in the dining room before throwing another party with 13 boys, noodles and chocolate cake involved! Then again, maybe we'll start having half birthday parties for Drew so that we can celebrate outside!!!


Half of the boys checking out the cake. Don't look too close - I tried to wing a panda cake without a pattern. Notice, however, that he is doing a perfect split like Poe :). I used cupcakes for the arms, legs and ears and those were the first things (followed by the eyes) to get eaten!



Dad lighting the candles!



Drew finishing up his Dragon Warrior training. The training was cut short because we weren't expecting the noodles and cake to take so long. But, the boys did learn the pinky hold and they played this game where they had to try to pop the other boys' balloons (tied around their ankle) without their own balloon getting popped. (OK, so I remember playing this game w/ kids when I was his age, but I'm sure it would help us to become the "Dragon Warrior"!?!)

The important thing is that Drew had a blast, enjoyed spending time with his friends, learned how to cook Ramen, and he surely knows that his family loves him! Thank you, Uncle Darren for helping Andy and I supervise and rescue the carpet from permanent chocolate stains :)! And thank you to all of you who helped make Drew's 7th birthday special. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. We've been watching home videos of when he was little. We loved watching him when he was 2 years old. He'd waddle around and say, "Hi. How are you?" He is always so much fun and just as thoughtful as his Daddy. What would we do without his sweet spirit in our home?!? We love you, Drew!!!

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun time! Happy Birthday Drew. Time goes so fast. Oh and don't worry whats white carpet compared to a Kung Fu Panda party to remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! So are you guys like watching that movie 24 hours a day now? Did it come as a Christmas present from Santa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, he was going to get the movie for Christmas, but his b-day was 5 days before and when we decided to have a Kung Fu Panda party I had to break it out early! My kids aren't huge movie watchers, but he has seen it a couple times as well as a couple other movies we got for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one word for you...skadooche. ;) My little guy about died when he saw this birthday party idea...hopefully he can wait 6 more months! So much fun at your house!

    ReplyDelete

Palm Springs May 08 Slideshow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...