Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's that time of year again!

 

...the time of the Walker Family birthday marathon! Other than Drew who is our Christmas-time baby, we all have birthdays right in a row. Kassi's is in March, Andy's is in April, Jesi's is in May and mine is in June. I'm a little frustrated b/c it used to work out when I'd post my pictures on the blog, I could see the picture (and therefore post my gazilion pictures and know which was which) to write about. But, lately, it just has all that divasldfkjsdoiuzsdpoijrw;elk stuff and I can't tell which picture is which. Someday I'll get this blogging thing figured out - or maybe I'll take everyone's advice and get a Facebook account?!?
 
Anyway, It has been over a month since Jesi's birthday and I'm finally getting around to posting pictures!!! I can't believe our little princess is 4 years old already. She was so excited about her "princess cake". I had heard how to make these cakes and thought it would be a "piece of cake" :), so I just asked Andy to pick up some plastic doll - not as big as a barbie doll because I realized our cake wasn't close to being tall enough for a barbie's dress. So, Andy got some High School Musical doll that was quite a bit shorter, but it still was way too tall. My technique to try to get the legs to go into the cake sideways did not work - but hey, she loved it :). She also loved the castle rug & Easter bonnet & gloves that Andy got for her which came w/ a headband that she insisted was a crown (as you can see in the pics!) She asked for a "big girl carseat" for her birthday which we were more than happy to accomidate. Drew gave her a cowgirl my little pony that she loves as well. Thanks for all the b-day wishes, cards, and phone calls from all of you! It is so hard to watch her grow up and I know I'm going to miss these years! We're excited to do a rotating preschool with a couple other moms in the neighborhood next year. Lately she LOVES to break into my scrapbooking paper, find the cutest sheets that I've been saving for a special scrapbooking page, and color all over them to make a card for me. I guess I couldn't have saved those papers for a sweeter purpose, right?!? Thank you, Jesi for reminding me of the important things in life and for being patient with your Mom :). We sure love you!!! Oh, and due to the problems I had posting pictures, there are several new posts below this one!
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. yes! get a facebook account. it's so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so much at your cake. It is pretty, but Becky did that same thing a few years ago when she made Shauna's daughter a barbie cake and the doll was way too tall. Your mother-in-law can tell you what she called it. But it was one funny looking cake with a dress that began at her thighs. So Funny to see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I came upon your blog awhile ago and check it every now and then. Fun to read about people from highschool. I saw you were having trouble with posting pics and I have a suggestion. When you are doing a post look to the top right of the paragraph part, above the preview button, and click on compose instead of edit html. Try putting your pics up and see if that helps. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me reading up on you once in awhile. Cute family! Hope I helped, Kim (used to be Langshaw) Redford

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, Kim! I was so excited when I heard that you and Shawn were getting married! Looks like you have a beautiful family. I'll definitely try out your tip - thanks for the advice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow cool cake - you are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete

Palm Springs May 08 Slideshow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...