I can feel myself falling behind on catching up with my journal/blog again! Life doesn't seem to slow down around here, so I thought I better at least get to Drew's birthday and baptism! It was a wonderful birthday for Drew. Being close to Christmas, he typically gets to celebrate at least twice due to traveling and seeing family! This year he had a class party at school, a little family party at home with our family and Darren and Cari, a party at Grandma and Grandpa Walker's house, and a beautiful baptism and a dinner with family and friends at our home. It was wonderful to celebrate our sweet boy's 8th birthday and watch him take such an important step in his life as he followed the Savior's example by entering into the waters of baptism. It was a beautiful day. We appreciate all the love and support from family and friends who came and participated in Drew's special day. Drew had his program figured out long in advance. He wanted Grandma Walker and Grandma Sanderson to give the talks, Grandpa Walker and Grandpa Sanderson to offer the prayers, Dad to do the Baptism and Confirmation, and Mom to play the piano. I was so grateful to Libby for helping with prelude, interlude, and postlude, so that I only had to worry about the two songs Drew asked me to play, "I am a Child of God" and "I'm Trying to be like Jesus." I know that having that responsibility was the ONLY reason I wasn't drowning in tears that day (I get pretty nervous playing for anyone other than our little family). The Spirit was so strong in those rooms where the Baptism and Confirmation took place. I know that Drew's Grandpa McConkie and many others were there witnessing his special day along with the rest of us who were blessed to be there. Happy Birthday Drew. We sure love you and are proud of all of the good choices you are making in your life that will bring you eternal joy!!!
Monday, January 25, 2010
IT'S GREAT TO BE EIGHT!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I felt the spirit so strong that whole day. Grandpa McConkie loves all this precious grandchildren but we so prayed night and day that Drew would overcome the early days of his birth. I KNOW Dad was there. I felt him next to me. He has really never left. When my heart is so heavy missing him...I am so thankful Kim has agreed to steady my hand and support us through out this life. God does hear prayers and he does answer them. Drew is a gift to ALL of us!!! Welcome to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Mr. Drew!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on having Drew baptized! I can't believe you have a child that old! ;) What a special moment!
ReplyDeleteDrew is such a sweet boy! How exciting and special seeing him baptized must have been. It blows me away that you have a child old enough to be baptized! Wow I just thought of that. Congratulations and it looks like it was a very special event with all your family.
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun to see you the other day. Thank you so much for the delicious treat and for taking the time to come and meet Jack. We loved it!
congratulations Drew!!! WOW I can't believe time has passed so quickly. Our kiddos are getting older. Does that mean we are too??? :)
ReplyDeleteBaptizing a child is an amazing opportunity and I am so glad that you and your family have experienced this with Drew! Congratulations Drew!
ReplyDeleteyay belated congrats and happy bday! i bet it feels so good to see your child baptized! AWESOME!
ReplyDelete