
This last weekend we celebrated my sister, Stacy's birthday, which sadly is also the anniversary of my dad's unexpected passing 4 years ago. I'm glad we got to spend that day together this year at my Mom and Kim's home. I forgot to take my camera that day, but I thought I'd post some pictures from my favorite holiday. Easter has been my favorite holiday ever since my dad passed away. I wasn't surprised to hear of a woman's similar love for Easter in our last general conference due to her own personal loss of a loved one. Losing someone close to you definitely makes the significance of the Savior's resurrection more aplicable to your life and it has brought a new meaning to the holiday of Easter for our family. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with family and friends! We enjoyed a quiet Easter weekend in our home coloring eggs, watching conference, and celebrating Andy's birthday. We also enjoyed some fun time spent at my mom and Kim's home, where they so kindly provided an Easter Egg Hunt, a b-day celebration for Andy and Taylee's birthdays (that thing on Andy's head is a giant cupcake), and an Easter dinner! The kids had so much fun with their cousins, grandparents, and of course their aunt Nicole. It was a wonderful weekend! And, even at the 4 year anniversary of my dad's passing, we are able to feel the joy of the blessings of the Savior's Atonement and I am glad that we have the Easter holiday to remind us of the reality of the resurrection! Happy Belated Easter everyone!
Thank you for your sweet comments Heidi. What an incredible "ride" this life has been so far. I wouldn't have missed a minute. Last night Barb & Alan popped in for a visit coming back from St George where they went to their missionaries coming home speech. It was good to see them and talk about their conversion. Life is so very sweet...counting my blessings, again!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree. Easter is definitely my favorite now. The resurrection is a day I look forward to now more than ever.
ReplyDelete