
I know I have a lot of catching up to do (our family birthday marathon, Easter, our little trip to St. George to see my little sis dance, etc. etc.). But, I've been putting this news off long enough! I apoligize to any of you who don't know that we are expecting a baby! We just found out last week at the 20 week ultrasound that this baby is a boy! Technically, we weren't suppose to bring any children to the ultrasound apointment, but we planned on bringing Drew and Jesi until Jesi decided last minute to stay and play with her friends that were going to have Kassi over to play. I spotted the little boy part very early, but the guy who does our ultrasounds wouldn't confirm it until the end of the apointment! But, we were just happy to see that this baby is growing and developing well and looks as healthy as can be! Drew has always wanted a baby brother and is VERY excited! Every time he sees me, he puts his hand on my tummy and says "Hi, Nathan!" I was surprised when I received a baby announcement from my old roommate and friend who just had a baby boy! We somehow picked the exact same first and middle name for our little boys and they won't be more than 6 months apart! I was amazed because they aren't really popular names (as far as I've heard lately). Thank you Lindsay for not minding us using the same names! If my baby sister Nicole was a boy, my dad wanted to name her "Nathaniel" after our ancestor, Nathaniel Ashby. So, everyone in our family has known that we needed to have a little Nathan running around someday. So, we've had that name in mind since Drew was born. Andy's best friend growing up was also named Nathan, so it wasn't hard to convince him of that name. And, most of you know that Paul is my Dad's name and although I wouldn't mind having a little "Paul" running around someday, we don't know that we'll have another boy! We are due the 15th of September, but with cesarean births they usually schedule you a week early. We are so excited for this little boy to join our family - well actually I know he already has! He is moving around and kicking like crazy. I think he might be excited to meet his brother and sisters, and hopefully his parents as well! Jesi wanted a boy at first. Then, she decided she wanted another sister. She argued that we needed another girl because we have "4 boys" in our family and only "3 girls". When people would question her math, she would explain that Heavenly Father and Jesus are part of our family, so we need to have another girl! My children are so sweet and I know that young children have a special bond with Heaven. The miracle of bringing children into this world definitely reaffirms that to me! While the world may tell us that raising children is too much work and not worth our time, I am grateful to know that bearing and raising children brings blessings that can come in no other way. I am grateful to be a mother and have a wonderful, supportive husband, and that my children are patient with the shortcomings of their mommy! I learn just as much or more from them as they do from me and I feel very blessed to have that opportunity to grow right along with each one of our sweet children! Kassi is still a little confused about the whole "baby in the tummy" thing. She thinks everyone has a baby in their tummy now and that every bump is a baby! But, I'm sure she'll be a fun big sister. Fun is probably underestimating her abilities. She keeps us on her toes these days! Actually, she likes to SMASH my toes in the kitchen often with that wood stool of hers that she likes to scoot around 100 miles an hour when she decides she wants something! You usually know when she is up to something because you will hear the stool, a chair, or the bench scratching across the tile floors from one end of the tile floors to the other! And, if I'm not paying attention (since that sound has become very familiar as of late), you might hear me scream in pain as well! Maybe I should just make a habit of wearing shoes!?! Andy and I are convinced that her recent mischievousness started the day after conception of this baby. I think someone knew that we might have second thoughts about having another baby this soon if she started any sooner! Thankfully Jesi decided a week before the ultrasound that she wanted a baby brother. So, everyone is happy and we are very excited to welcome this precious baby boy into our home and wanted to share the news with you!!!
We are sooooo EXCITED!!! I have lots of boy fabrics. Can't wait to hold little Nathan Paul...it will be like an early Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is completely wonderful news, Heidi! Congratulations to you and all your sweet family. Isn't being a mother the best job in the world?! :)
ReplyDeleteI get a kick out of other people's philosophies of having babies...like how some people say they are waiting til they have the money to have kids (you will NEVER be able to save up enough money to have kids!?)...and people tell me (at the store) ALL the time how I have my hands full. I LOVE being a mom and I wish people understood that there is nothing wrong with PLANNING a BIG family! Anyway, sorry about that rant! You are SO cute pregnant and I'm excited to start making things for Nathan...then I can make some things for Zach at the same time!!?? Love ya and keep the pregnant belly pics coming :-) Oh and Kassi will LOVE her brother! Addy has been so good with Zach...not always a perfect angel, but she loves to give him hugs and entertain him!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Heidi! What an adorable mama you are!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you! That is wonderful and what a perfect mix for you - even numbers for now! I know Drew will be such a sweet big brother! Hope your pregnancy is easy!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! How perfect for you guys!! That stool story made me laugh! -The other Cami
ReplyDeleteWe're so excited! I absolutely love Jessi's math! Kids are so sweet when they say things like that. I just found out my friend is having a girl in September, so I get to come up with something for a boy for you and for a girl for her. Fun!!!
ReplyDeleteYay, Heidi! Congrats again and of course I don't mind about the name! :) Like I said, great minds think alike. LOL.
ReplyDelete