
Since I'm too much of a bum to load our new pictures, I thought I'd do a little catch up! Back in May we found out that my sister Nicole would be having a dance competition in St. George. So, we thought it would be fun to meet up with her and my Mom and catch some rays :)! Thanks to priceline.com and the Holiday Inn giving in to my pregnant and motherly concerns of wanting a nonsmoking room, we had a great trip! My dad grew up in St. George and we used to visit his parents there often when I was growing up. I remember hiking these same red rocks with my family, so it was a lot of fun to do it with my husband and kiddos!

Andy and Drew enjoying the beautiful scenery - we drove through Zion's National Park on the way home.

Jesi was pouting in the car, but Drew and Kassi were up for a little site seeing!

Sis and Bro had a lot of fun searching for rocks and exploring!

Kassi was due for a nap, but she wasn't shy about blowing us kisses!

The weather wasn't as cooperative as we had hoped it would be in May, but that didn't stop us from swimming in the freezing pool! I loved how Andy decided to put Kassi's coverup OVER her life jacket :). She didn't seem to mind that she looked like she weighed a hundred pounds! I was a little jelous when Andy and the kids got to go in the hot tub, whereas I could only put my feet in to try to get warm! I always crave hot tubbing when I'm pregnant!

The kids didn't seem to mind the freezing cold water as much as Andy and I did! It was a mostly outdoor/partially indoor pool and it was a pretty cold night and morning when we went swimming, with lots of wind, but we went strong until something was found in the pool that required a complete sanitization process. The kids were quite bummed, but we were happy to do something a little warmer!


The kids were so excited to spend an evening at Nicole's little pizza and ice-cream celebration with Grandma and Aunt Nicole at their hotel! I took a few pictures of Nicole dancing, but our camera somehow got put on a super high light setting, so most of my pictures make everyone look like angels and are hard to see! But, Nicole did a great job in all of her dances and we had fun watching and cheering for her! I thought this was a cute one of her with Kassi (again past due for a nap)!

My mom and I with the kiddos (and a little leftover ice cream on their clothes and faces)!

We were able to find my dad's parents' grave and the kids picked out a bouquet of 5 lilies, one representing each of us. I'm not sure why Kassi kept standing like this for the pictures?!? Funny girl! My grandma Mabel and grandpa Wilson McConkie are two of the most inspirational people I have ever known. They deserve their own post. Lets just say I miss them very much! My grandpa passed away when I was about 11 and my grandma passed away almost 4 years ago, just a few months after my dad passed. They are amazing examples of service, sacrifice, and love and I know my dad carried on those traits! I hope Andy and I can somehow pass those same traits on to our children!!! Since Andy is so much like my dad in those ways, hopefully it will happen!

The kids always LOVE visiting the visitor's center at the temple. One of their favorite parts is the Christus statue. I love how our youngest child always reaches out to Jesus when they see him. I'm pretty sure each of our children has done that, either in St. George or Salt Lake when they have seen this statue (between the ages of 1 and 2). It was Kassi's turn this time, but of course I didn't have the camera ready.

Kassi and Jesi at the top of the temple steps with Jesi's signature head tilt.

Daddy and his little girl.

I'm guessing Drew saw the flag and was being patriotic? The girls are smelling the beautiful flowers. I love how the temple grounds are always covered with beautiful flowers!

Cute girl posing!

The kids didn't cooperate for a picture - this was our last day in St. George and we were all suffering from a little lack of sleep. We went to church this day, then visited the temple and visitor's center, and then went up into the red rocks.

Since the kids wouldn't cooperate, Drew was happy to take a picture of Andy and I. I love and appreciate Andy so much for being willing to let me take a stroll down memory lane. He has expressed a wish to go on a trip to St. George once a year or so. He knows how much I love it there for the memories and the temple. The St. George temple is where my parents were sealed for time and all eternity and so I have always had a special love for this temple. I love how white it is and I always feel my dad close when we are there - whether I am inside or outside of it's walls. I remember sitting in front of the old visitor's center on my grandpa McConkie's lap as a little girl, while he told me stories about it being built! Anyway, thank you Andy for taking us down there to watch Nicole dance and to reminisce! And thank you for making our trips so much fun - even when the kids are screaming in the car and I am tired and grumpy sometimes from trying to make everyone else happy :)! I know they will have some fun memories as I have from my childhood trips, thanks to their amazing Daddy!!!
I love all the pictures! It makes me want to go to St. George again. It definitely feels like a piece of Dad.
ReplyDeleteI always crave hot tubbing when I'm pregnant too. And where is your preggo belly? I can barely see it!!! LOL.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great trip! I too still can't see your belly :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous. Look at that beautiful family! :) You are so darling pregnant as well! Looks like a fun trip. :)
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! You are brave going out in heat being preggo and all! Thanks for your comments too! Glad you are baby hungry as you will have a cute one of your own soon! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip. it makes me smile to see Kassi doing the splits while standing and Jesi tilting her head because our girls do the same things :)
ReplyDeleteThat stinks that you didn't get to go to McCall with everyone! Good luck with everything with the new baby, we will be watching for pictures.
ReplyDelete