These pictures were taken on Mother's Day if I remember right. Andy and Jesi went out early that morning and picked some roses for me! They looked beautiful in the center of the table, along with the yummy breakfast Andy and the kids made for me. I wish I would have taken a picture, because my "pregnant brain" is having a hard time remembering what they made. I'm pretty sure Andy purchased some of those Pillsburry cinnamon rolls that pop open and I believe they made scrambled eggs and juice. Whatever it was, it was yummy and it meant so much that they all pitched in and made me breakfast! Just looking at these pictures makes me emotional because I am so darn lucky! For my own journal's sake (this blog for the most part) and not for bragging purposes I just have to say that I have such a sweet husband and the sweetest kids in the world and I feel so lucky to have them in my life. I'm excited to mother another sweet baby boy and I'm so glad that everyone in our family is excited to welcome him as well!!! This belly gets clobbered with kisses every night!
Oh, and the cute dresses that the girls are wearing are a couple of a huge collection from when my sisters and I were little girls! My mom spoiled us with cute matching dresses, which we pass along to each other for our girls to wear. They have gotten a lot of good use and the girls call them their "twirling dresses" and LOVE to wear them!
Just a funny little story to illustrate my kids' sweetness: A week ago, we were riding in the car and Jesi, completely out of the blue asked, "Mom, what does "eternally grateful" mean?" It was Monday, so I thought she must have heard that term at church the day before. When I asked where she had heard it, she explained that she heard it on the movie, "Toy Story 2" which we checked out from the library! I guess it is the little green martians that say it - I think it's coming back to me now. Anyway, I basically explained it as meaning "forever thankful", but Andy and I were dying trying not to laugh. She is definitely at the thoughtful, question asking stage and we get a good laugh in now and then. You have to be careful though, because Jesi is quite the sensitive little angel right now! Also, the morning of Drew's 1st day of 3rd grade, between her cute giggles, she said "I keep on hiccing up!" (She had the hiccups and they wouldn't stop)
Kassi recently let Andy know that he needed to wear a bib! Andy had spilled some food on his clothes and she was certain that he just needed to have a bib like her! We all agreed that she is probably right! This was actually months ago, when her sentences weren't quite so impressive, so she just said, "Daddy, BIB!"
A few weeks ago Andy and I had taken 2 cars to church because Andy had meetings before church. After church Andy was going to give a ride to a man in our ward who is unable to drive because of his vision. We decided to trade cars and the kids (all but the growing boy in my belly) went with Andy. I was pretty tired after staying up too late the night before, late pregnancy sleep deprivation, having just completed my assignment of sharing time in Primary, and it being SO HOT that day. So, I was a little bummed when the key would not turn in the car! I tried several times with no success. I just started laughing outloud when a neighbor of mine thankfully walked by and asked me if I needed a ride. It didn't take me long to take her up on the offer as heels and 8 months of pregnancy don't go together really well. So, she gave me a ride home and I waited on the front porch until Andy returned. She is such a neat lady - she taught the scripture class last year that I enjoyed SO much. She had several of her children staying with her for months with all of their children and was LOVING it. When I asked her how she handled having that many kids and grandkids around for such a long period of time, she gave me some very good advice. She said that when you have your kids come visit, you just LOVE them. It is not the time to give counsel or try to correct them. You just love them and love the time you have to spend together. Otherwise you will have regrets. I hope I remember that someday! She said she had peanut butter and rice krispie treat stickiness on every surface of her home, but she loved the time she had to spend with her grandchildren and when they come, she just tries to relax and not worry about the cleanliness of the house or anything other than loving those sweet grandchildren!
Anyway, back to my story. Andy being confused as well, drove me back over to the church and as we drove into the parking lot, Drew asked, "Mom, you didn't try to start the wrong Subaru, did you?" Andy and I looked at each other and we all just started laughing. There is another couple in our ward that has the exact same car as us - and I had been trying to start their car!!! Apparently they had left it unlocked and since Andy and I had actually cleaned out his car the day before, they looked the same on the inside too! I saw our neighbors in the car I had attempted to run off with and told them the story. They are awesome, so luckily they had a good laugh with us! The sad thing is another neighbor of ours had just had their car stolen in the middle of the night just a day or two before. Anyway, just because you're able to get into a car that looks like your own, make sure it is actually yours!!! And, thank you Drew for being so thoughtful and observant all the time. I don't know what I'd do without you! Drew is our car expert and one of the most observant people I know, a trait he received from his dad and obviously not his mom!!!
Oh, and Happy Belated Mother's Day to all of you out there! I love how Sheri Dew has talked and written about how Eve was called "Eve", which means "the mother of all living" before she ever bore a child. So, to those of you who hope to have children - Happy Belated Mother's Day to you too. I know the blessings will come someday!!! And thank you to the amazing examples of my own Mother and Mother in Law. You both inspire me to be better and I love you so much! As I was just reading my Mom's history, I was amazed at how she had the faith to keep baring children after she was told not to and had so many late miscarriages. I don't know that I would have had the faith and strength to keep trying. But, I'm grateful that she did or I wouldn't be here today with my sweet children!!! And, my Mother in Law is amazing as well. She raised 5 of the neatest boys (the best I would have to say is mine - no offense to all you awesome brother-in-laws) :). She loves unconditionally and is always serving others. I love you both!!!



I love all the stories, especially the Subaru one!!! We're so excited for your little guy to come. We'll pray that all goes well.
ReplyDeleteLove your cute family! You are so blessed. :)
ReplyDelete