
While we didn't worry about too many of our traditional Christmas activities this year, we had to make sure to fit in my favorite one - acting out the Nativity Story. I think we've missed a year or two, but for the most part this has been a part of our Christmas every year and it is always a fun memory. It is more and more fun every time we add a new baby to the family! Baby Jesus was so patient, through MOST of our little angel's clobbering! Andy was our faithful narrator.

Notice the halo didn't last too long.

Joseph and Mary (notice she is GREAT with child) traveling to Bethlehem - donkey and all - and even an angel to watch over them on their journey!

Lots of love for baby Jesus!

He barely fit in the basket-manger. He is getting so big SO fast!!!

This was Andy's idea. Mary enjoyed finding the perfect pillow for her tummy for the long journey to Bethlehem! Jesi asked me the other day, "Mommy, does Jesus love bad guys?" I told her that He does love them, but he wishes they would make better choices so that they could be happy. She said, "But, Mom, sometimes bad guys are nice because they kill people and then those people get to be with Heavenly Father and Jesus." Maybe that sounds a little horrific, but coming from Jesi's mouth, it was SO sweet. She loves Jesus and her Heavenly Father and we love to catch her praying when she thinks she is alone. It is absolutely precious. She prays whenever she can't find something or when she or someone else is sick or needs comforted and she has faith that those prayers will be answered. I know they will be (in Heavenly Father's time) and I hope she always remembers that and never stops praying.

HARK!!! That is about how long the halo lasted!

Today after church Kassi cried for help when she realized she had gotten herself stuck in her old halo! So, I had to post this picture as well. It reminded me of the other day when I heard her screaming when I came downstairs after my shower to find her completely stuck in one leg of Nathan's exersaucer! Never a dull moment with this little angel. I could write a book about her mishaps already! Kassi wore a puffy white dress a couple times this month to church - a darling dress that I found at a yard sale when Jesi was her age. She told me that she was "going to get married in her little temple." I finally found out that the "little temple" she was referring to was the Disney castle that you see at the beginning of any Disney movie and of course, she thought she was going there because she had that puffy white dress on. Too cute. I'll have to get a picture in that dress one of these days!

Joseph took such good care of Mary and baby Jesus. I'll always remember when Drew was Joseph in the Primary Sharing Time 2 years ago when we first moved here. My mom and I cried in the back of the room as he knocked on the doors and asked if there was room. It was so sweet. He was so concerned for Mary and the baby and was SO darn cute! I wish I had had my camera that day, but the memory is so clear because it was so sweet. Then the primary children all sang that precious primary song, "When Joseph Went to Bethlehem, I Think He Took Great Care . . ." He will always be my precious, thoughtful, caring boy.

Pretty precious. Have I used that word enough? I hope my children always remember that this is what Christmas is all about! The fun traditions and symbols are fun and can remind us of the true meaning of Christmas, but it is easy to get so busy with the fun things that we forget Him whose life we celebrate at Christmas time and throughout the year. I am grateful to each of our children for reminding me of Him each and every day and how they teach me to be more like Him as I am s-l-o-w-l-y learning to be more patient and teachable! Maybe next year we'll be with family and therefore be able to add some shepherds and wisemen!?!
So very well put and photographed! ;) Cuteness!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say...SIMPLY PRECIOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteHow unbelievably darling!!! :) Esp. the cute little pillow-pregnant Mary.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!!! You should do a collage of those photos to put up every Christmas...I know...in your spare time!
ReplyDelete