Yes, I am really attempting to catch up here! My goal is still to do some blogging every Sunday afternoon, but this summer has been a little crazier than planned. For Valentine's Day breakfast, the kids were so excited to have heart shaped pancakes - I think their excitement combined with the easy factor may make this a new tradition at our house - complete with whipped cream and strawberries - next year of course! This year it was butter and maple syrup but no one complained :).
We also have a tradition of leaving love notes on the front door for the kiddos (Andy or I ring the doorbell and run away like my dad used to for my siblings and I). This year I broke down and bought this funny Dog that dances and sings "I Feel Good". Most of the kids loved it - everyone except Nathan. He was so scared! It was pretty sad. But, I plan on using this dog to deliver the love notes every year, and I'm pretty sure Nathan will love him next year.
The kids helped me surprise Daddy with dinner. We had the candles lit and a dinner of pasta, asparagus and oranges with red juice. It is always a special night when we break out the candle sticks my dad made (even if the candles on top are a little mismatched). Someday I'll invest in matching candle sticks :). Another thing that made this dinner so special was that Jesi made us little heart name tags with red paper. It was pretty sweet. I don't remember what made her cry before dinner, but it was pretty sad. If I remember right, I think she was happy about half way through eating her dinner, but then again, maybe it is a good thing I am behind on the blogging, because I can't remember anything these days. Maybe I'll actually get caught up quickly because I won't ramble on about all the things I've forgotten. Maybe I'll change my strategy. But then again, happy or sad, most of these memories I wouldn't want to trade :0). We did have a romantic dinner out (with our friends Mike and Maria and Andy's brother Darren and wife Cari) a couple nights before. There is a picture on Andy's cell phone I'll have to have him upload someday from that night. But, here are a few from our dinner at home with the kiddos.



No comments:
Post a Comment