Sunday, January 15, 2012

Best choice I ever made was a little over 11 years ago!!! Jan 2012

I had a better picture in mind for our anniversary post, but it is on my mom's camera, so we'll make this one work :0)! We were so surprised walking into a church dinner/party that a neighbor had purchased a bunch of movie posters and substituted people's heads in place of the actors/actresses! She used these to decorate the walls of the cultural hall. It was pretty amazing all the work she put into this and everyone loved it! I guess she figured the Walkers would be good replacements for Luke and Leah Skywalker! We actually just framed that poster (must admit we carefully took the heads of some of our other neighbors off the poster - we probably could have left them on, but there was something slightly disturbing about having another man who is our neighbor as Han Solo and me as Leia, hanging in our basement - not quite as disturbing as Andy and I being brother and sister :) and we now just need to hang it up and come up with another poster if anyone has any ideas for the kids heads to replace! I was thinking maybe Toy story with Jesi as Jessie, Drew as Andy, Kassi as hmmm Rex or the Pig or Barbie - does she make the poster? And, Nathan would probably love to be Rex or Mr. Potato Head? Anyway, if you have any ideas, please throw them out here :)!

I really just wanted to express my gratitude to my wonderful husband of 11 years!!! I really think Heavenly Father knew I needed Andy! A neighbor mentioned to me recently that Andy is the nicest guy she has ever met. She kindly refrained from asking me how on earth I ever got him to take me to the altar :)! I had to agree with her and I hear a similar type comment about Andy very often. I told her how lucky I am to be married to Andy and how much he reminds me of my Dad. She mentioned that I was very lucky to have two such men in my life and I was about in tears thinking how right she was. It is so true. I hope that my girls find someone as kind, good, and loving as their dad someday and can say that their husbands remind them of their Daddy! If they do, they will be very happy they made that choice! As I was looking up how to spell Han Solo, I came across some Star Wars quotes and loved these two quotes that fit Andy so well:
"You have this wonderfully evocative way about you, Luke, of reducing the most excruciatingly uncomfortable circumstances to the merely mundane."
―Princess Leia Organa[src]
"You know Luke, the Rebellion is lucky to have you. You're a good man."
―Princess Leia Organa[src]
Andy, I am so grateful for your ability to cheer us up when life gets us down (the kids and I and anyone else you come into contact with). You have an eternal perspective that helps you see things clearly. You truly do have a way of reducing those "most excruciatingly uncomfortable circumstances" to something bearable and even enjoyable when possible!!!

Also, we are lucky to have you as a significant part our family, as a friend, a neighbor, a coworker, member of our community, etc. etc. etc. You are a good man. The Walker Family and everyone else who enjoys your company is lucky to have you. Basically, all who know you are lucky, but we are luckiest who know you best. And, we are forever grateful for that blessing in our lives. Thank you for blessing our lives every day!!!

And, if I were to compare you with Luke in any other way, I was just thinking about how much faith Luke had in his father, who in everyone else's eyes was unreachable. You have a wonderful way of reaching out to those who are struggling and I have no doubt that you will be the means of helping many people to remember who they are and turn their hearts back to the side that brings light, peace, and hope. We can't help but be drawn to that light through your example and love. Thank you for that example and that love that you show to others every day. It makes a world of difference in our home, in our neighborhood, and in our community. We love you back always and forever!!! Happy belated 11 year anniversary!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 11 years! You two are such a cute couple. And Heidi...Andy is lucky to have you too!

    ReplyDelete

Palm Springs May 08 Slideshow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...