I've probably mentioned on this blog before that ever since my dad passed away unexpectedly six years ago, Easter has been my favorite holiday. It is so much more meaningful knowing that the Savior has made it possible for us to be with our loved ones again. Andy and I have discussed year after year how we can make Easter and Christmas more focused on the Savior. I love how excited the children get about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, but I worry that it often seems to overshadow the AMAZING GIFT OF THE SAVIOR'S LIFE, ATONEMENT, & RESURRECTION.
So, this year the Easter Bunny came up with the perfect solution (in our opinion) for our family. The Bunny came early with gifts & goodies on Saturday so that Sunday could be completely focused on the real meaning of Easter. Kassi just assured me that the Easter Bunny is obviously a boy because he doesn't have eyelashes. When I asked her if boys have eyelashes she said that Drew and Dad do, but not Easter Bunnies! Only girl bunnies have eye lashes. Anyway, she was happy that the Easter Bunny who is most definitely a boy has such good taste in dresses!
The girls received dresses, leggings, white sweaters, a children's tennis racket, & some goodies.
Nathan was excited about his children's size tennis balls, a couple little toys and stickers, and of course he was most excited about the chocolate & jelly beans!
Drew was excited to receive a game he had given a friend along with some new sandals, a tennis racket, and some goodies.
Drew makes a very cute bunny. We used to call him Drew Bear as a baby and it kind of stuck, but I'm thinking maybe we should change it to Drew Bunny?!? We enjoyed some stuffed french toast for breakfast. Yum!
Then we decided to hit the first annual Cosmo Easter Egg Hunt at Lavell Edwards' Stadium with some good friends, the Christensen's. It was a beautiful day (much more beautiful and sunny than I had anticipated) and crazy fun! Oh, and if anyone is worried, that blur in these pictures was a smear on our camera lens, not editing out fingers or anything - that should only be done on pictures of me - I have a bad habit of having my fingers doing weird things when I'm holding up children or whatever - but none of those pictures have been put up on the blog, that I know of :o)!
It is only appropriate that my friend Emily is in this Easter post. I will always think of her as my angel when my dad passed away. She lost her dad when she was very young and I know she was brought to our neighborhood to be my friend during that difficult time. Her mother sitting behind her is amazing as well. We miss having their sweet family as our neighbors but know we'll be friends forever!
Nathan had some pretty good competition. Emily was probably the biggest competitor!
Kassi knew how to keep her mind on her goal - CANDY!!! And she packed that bucket so full, she had to use Nathan's toward the end!
Drew and Tyler and Tyler's cousins
Jesi and Sarah
Nathan was VERY afraid of Cosmo. It was pretty sad. He was shaking and staring and started shaking harder when Cosmo put his hand up on my shoulder and touched him. Someday he'll be a big fan though?!?
It is sad to say that although our family has lived near Provo for 11 years, this is our fist picture with the Cougar at the Stadium!
I somehow spaced decorating eggs this year, but we did have a lot of fun hiding and finding eggs.
I was a little nervous about how the kids would react to celebrating the fun part of Easter early, but I don't know why. Who would argue with spreading out the fun of Easter and getting goodies early?
Kassi once again got quite the loot!!!
Nathan's neglectful mother didn't think we'd need sunblock for the 10-20 minute Easter egg hunt at the stadium, but boy was she wrong. That is all it takes for these cute little red heads to burn and Nathan got it the worst, but he was still all smiles.



Those are the cutest masks!
ReplyDelete