I have a lot of catching up to do (Nathan's b-day, Jesi's recital, summer activities, etc. etc. etc.). So, I decided to go as far back as this weekend in my attempt to get caught up :). We had a family dinner today, so I have an excuse for being lazy, right!?! The above videos are of the kids' "tricks" on the trampoline. Nathan & Kassi are fearless. They would make good little gymnasts! Nathan was so hyper - or maybe he just needed to drink a v8 that day. Typically he does a perfect somersault and I am amazed every time at my little baby doing somersaults! They are pretty entertaining to watch. Kassi loves doing headstands against the wall in the house, so the last video is of them attempting this on the trampoline. And, as the kids wanted me to be on the trampoline with them, Andy ended up harvesting most of the remaining plums while I was playing! What a knight in shining armor!
He told us to all stand below the tree with bowls while he took a rake and shook the fruit from the top half of the tree. We all had a good laugh. It actually worked really well - other than the fact that many of the plums landed on our heads or the ground instead of in the bowls!
Jesi earned a couple dollars washing 2/3 of the plums for me. She and Kassi were bored and it is always easy to convince her to do a little work for a little money. She is a hard worker too! Those plums were squeaky clean! We barely managed to get a triple batch of plum jam done in time for Andy and I to have 15 minutes to shower and get ready for an adult dinner. Now we just have a huge bowl left and I need to get motivated to make a LOT of fruit leather really fast! After the dinner, we ran home to grab the kids for Riverwoods Mall's "Chalk the Block". It was pretty cool!
Some of the girls' favorites.
This one is hard to see, but it was Batman. And, I promise Drew is doing a peace sign and not something else :).
We heard about this event at the neighborhood dinner, so we hadn't planned on it. Our babysitter had actually put Nathan to bed and her parents wanted to bring her along, so I actually got Nathan out of bed to come. He was more than happy to join us - thankfully I didn't have to wake him.
We didn't get some of the more amazing artists (Kassi was the photographer half the time), but you can see that this was pretty impressive art for being done on the pavement!!!
Here are a few of the kids' favorites:
Our babysitter's cousin actually did this one, so it is a good thing she got to go! We think we should make this an annual event. We love walking and riding bikes around the Riverwoods - especially when they have some good live music. There is a guy from UVU that plays the electric violin that is amazing that was there for the tail end of our stay. We told our friends we would meet them by the ice cream parlor. So, the only down side of the evening was that the kids were begging for ice cream the entire time until we parted with friends and granted their wish. Looking back, we should have bought the ice cream at the beginning! But, it was a great way to celebrate completing that triple batch of jam!!! Anyone know of any other good uses for plums? Swing by and you can eat as many as you want!














We went on Friday during the day but clearly should have later as there is so much more than we were there. I was so impressed by the artwork especially since they had to sit on the pavement to do it. Amazing!!
ReplyDeleteI saw the sign for the Chalk the Block - fun that you went to that!
ReplyDelete