Thursday, March 17, 2011

Drew's Poem


We had the wonderful opportunity to meet with Drew's teachers today and discuss what a sweet boy he is and how he is progressing. Drew has been very late after school lately and when I asked him why, he said he had to say good bye to his teachers. I found out at the SEP conference that he started going to give each of his teachers a good bye hug that just makes their day. I know I sure love his hugs! Drew recently wrote this poem, typed it himself, and read it to us at his SEP. It had us laughing (the part about hearing his sisters screaming) and had me crying (the parts about him wanting to be a dad and about believing, touching my face, & understanding me). He sure is a sweet boy and we love him so much. Life isn't easy and I know we'll go through some hard times, but I hope you always believe in your mom and look up to your dad, Drew! We read another work that Drew had published on the wall of his classroom and he wrote about how he wants to be just like his dad. I am so glad you have such a wonderful, hard working, loving father to look up to. We are so proud of you for doing your best and we hope you dream big and work towards your dreams. Know that you are never alone in your quest to reach those dreams. You are one incredible kid and WE LOVE YOU!!!
I-Am-Poem by Drew
I am cool and fast
I wonder what pet I will have
I hear my sisters screaming
I see my dad working
I want to be a dad
I am friendly
I pretend I am a truck driver
I believe in my mom
I touch my mom's soft face
I feel my heart
I worry about my sister
I cry when someone dies
I am cool and fast
I understand my mom

3 comments:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes - love how much he loves you, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boy is goodness to the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds beyond his years. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Palm Springs May 08 Slideshow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...