Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Belated Valentine's Day 2011!

Nathan is attempting to sign "I LOVE YOU" in this picture :0)! Once again he is being tortured by his 2 year old sister (not much longer to be 2 years old). He has been mistaken as a girl a few times and I tell Andy it is just because he is such a "pretty boy". But, I promise I've never taken him in public with a bow on! He actually took to the headband better than our girls did! Funny thing!It looks like he is begging to have it taken off in this picture :).The kiddos wanted to make sugar cookies. Jesi made them for her dance teachers, Drew made some for his piano teacher, and we made a bunch of other plates to take around. Jesi had fun decorating a plate for each of them to place a cookie made just for Daddy:And, Kassi was the first to make a cookie just for me - so sweet. I can still hear her sweet voice saying "This one is fow you, Mommy!"Here it is closer up.The kids and Mommy had to try them out to make sure they were good enough to give away :)!Nathan keeps checking Drew's chin to see if he has scruff like his daddy!Jesi and I had the same idea the Sunday before Valentine's Day. At church, she whispered that we should have our usual picnic in the family room (which we started this winter) with heart shaped sandwiches. We also made strawberry lemonade to make it like a real picnic. We keep meaning to draw a big poster sun to make it more like summer in the family room :). It has been a fun little tradition - although I just realized we completely forgot to do it today - probably because I got about 1 hour of sleep last night! I even tried to take a nap today and my brain wouldn't shut off enough to let me sleep. It is funny how I can feel completely brain dead sometimes, except when I try to sleep - even when I am completely exhausted. Maybe I have restless brain syndrome?!? We have had a LOT of heart and other shaped sandwiches and quesadillas since we did this! The kids think it is pretty fun!Kassi "set" the blanket!And Nathan was excited to suck on his first apple slice! Actually he drooled more than he sucked on it, but he liked it! He is pretty entertaining these days and growing up way too fast. Hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day. Andy took me to the same place we went last year - with his brother Darren and wife Cari and some good friends. We did that Saturday Night and Andy realized he had arranged it during the BYU vs. Utah game. Oh, the sacrifice of a true Valentine! On Valentine's Night we had a family dinner at home with my dad's cool candlesticks he made from old tractor parts. He mailed them to us in Moscow and I think it cost him $25.00 because they are SO heavy - but he wanted us to open them with everyone else on Christmas morning. The kids love to break them out for every special occassion and sometimes just a special surprise for when Daddy gets home. I actually downloaded these pictures last Sunday before having all of my family over, so I hope that counts for last week and we'll make up for my slackerness this week hopefully :)!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the big bow and I Love You sign language! Jesi is looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! :) Love the one pic of Cassi with her shocked looking face - that is a cute Heidi look I see in that face!

    ReplyDelete

Palm Springs May 08 Slideshow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...