Ever since I was a little girl, two of my favorite weekends of the year are the 1st weekend of April and the 1st weekend of October. These are weekends that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and everyone else are invited to listen to living prophets and apostles of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I always feel such peace, hope, and direction in my life as I listen to their words and the sweet spirit that accompanies their words and the beautiful music. Here is a link to a collection of short snippets of their messages to us this October Conference:
Since it tends to be a challenge to hear everything with four sweet kiddos running around, I love to spend the next 6 months listening to their messages over and over again as I clean the house, prepare meals, and work on projects. It makes a huge difference in the spirit of our home! One day after conference, we decided to take a little drive up the canyon and have a little picnic. It was so much fun! I wish I would have thought ahead about taking pictures - we weren't exactly matching and Kassi dressed herself as you can tell. It was a last minute decision to go for this drive so I'm glad I at least threw in the camera with our picnic lunch! We were going to get a picture of the kids and someone offered to take our family picture. Kassi finally broke down and looked at the photographer.
The kids had a lot of fun gathering leaves as our props for the kiddos!
It was so fun to take a little time away from the rest of the world to smell the flowers, play a little soccer, eat our pbh sandwiches, and spend some quality time together in the beautiful Fall mountains!
Thank you, Andy for coming up with ideas to get me out of the house. Sometimes I get so focused on all the things I've gotten behind in, and need a little breather to keep me going - that is what conference does for me, and that is what quality time with the family in the great outdoors does for my spirit as well. So, to have the two combined made for a wonderfully beautiful and inspirational weekend!



Did you go up the week or so after we went? Looks about the same time. What a beautiful earth we live in, huh? Wonderful to share it with your kids! Yay!
ReplyDeleteYes, I was so excited to take the family up there after our fun hike - it was SOOO beautiful both times - with great friends and the fam - just wish I'd taken my camera when we went - good thing Cami got some fun shots - too bad she was the one behind the camera instead of me :).
ReplyDelete