It sure is a good thing we take a lot of pictures around here because Andy and I can't seem to remember anything unless we write it down or take a picture! I had to rewrite the last couple posts when Andy reminded me that we went to Tucanos for Jesi's birthday and not mine! So, unfortunately we don't have a lot of pictures from Father's Day and therefore few memories have lasted the test of time. But, our favorite memory is probably that the kids sang in primary and Drew played a song on the piano that morning for prelude. Doesn't get much better than that! I'm sure we ate some yummy food that day, but we have no recollection of what it was, so I guess we can leave it to the imagination!
I found this beautiful picture while attending part of Women's Conference in April and I had the hardest time not giving it to Andy early. It is a painting by Jay Bryant Ward, who has painted another one of my favorite paintings called, "Under His Wing" that reminds us of Kassi. We have a painting picked out that reminds us of each of our children. Although this painting doesn't look much like Nathan, it sure reminds me of the sacred role that Father's play in raising their children and teaching them who they are. And, raising Nathan has brought that joy into our hearts once again as we have recently been experiencing that tender moment when a child yearns to learn how to pray. This painting started as a painting of Jesus with a little boy, but transformed into this unique portrait of Joseph teaching Jesus how to pray. So very precious.
And, thanks to these pictures, we remember how excited Kassi was to draw this picture of our family for Andy for Father's Day. She did explain who was who at one point, but unfortunately I didn't write it down, or if I did, it is probably in our files of no return :)! I'd be happy to be any of these cute characters though!
My mother-in-law reminded me this Father's Day that it was the 1st Father's Day without her own father and she felt bad for my having lost my dad. I am so grateful that I had a father who taught me and my siblings through his loving example, what our Heavenly Father is like. Shortly after my dad died (a little less than a month later), I was asked to speak in church on Father's Day. It was very emotional and hard, yet such a wonderful opportunity for me to pay tribute to my father's life and example and share my testimony of our Savior's sacrifice and how He has made it possible for us to be with our families forever. I remember a sweet woman coming up to me afterwards and saying that she was grateful to hear of a father who was so exemplary and how it reminded her of what our Heavenly Father must be like. She then explained that her own father was not a role model for her to follow and she was so grateful to know that there were good men out there. It really made me grateful to have had that time on earth with such a wonderful father to look up to. And, although it was cut a little shorter than I would have liked, I know that I will see him again and that knowledge is such a blessing in my life.
I am also so grateful to you, Andy for being that kind of father that our children can look up to and expect to be there for them whenever they need you. You are such a wonderful father and you teach us so much with your kind, patient spirit. I don't know how I could ever raise these sweet children without you by my side. Thank you for all that you do and are! We all love you very very very much!!!
Happy Belated Father's Day!
And, thank you to my own father, Andy's wonderful father, my stepfather, our grandfathers, and all of the wonderful men in our lives who have loved and strengthened us. We love you all!



No comments:
Post a Comment