Tucanos does a free "birthday meal" the month of your birthday. So, we usually go in April for Andy's birthday. We missed going on Andy's birthday weekend, so ended up going the day before Jesi's birthday for family night. Drew eats more meat than I do and we all love the salad bar and chipa (little cheese bread in the shape of little muffins like what Andy enjoyed on his mission to Argentina). So, with the free birthday meal, the youngest 3 kids eating free, and going right before the dinner hour of 4:00, we are officially cheap, but enjoy a really good meal for a great price! We could probably work a little more on table manners before going next time, like how to use a napkin to wipe your face, but hey, we survived an hour at a restaurant with 4 kids and hopefully didn't traumatize anyone. We feel pretty good about that!
Just outside of the restaurant is one of our favorite destination spots for a family bike ride. They often have musicians playing in this outdoor amphitheater, but this time our kids enjoyed running around and pretending like they were the stars of the show. It was pretty fun to watch them dance to the music that was playing and just plain goofing around. The above picture is my attempt at getting a picture of all the kids together. You can see that Nathan and Kassi weren't too interested.
Nathan loved breaking it down in front of these green speakers. It was adorable, but of course every time I tried to take his picture, he stopped dancing and said, "CHEESE". Apparently I have trained him a little too well! He has the CUTEST little dance where he swing his arm front to back and squats over and over again. I guess you have to see it to know how adorable it is. Sorry!
Since we went to dinner early, I guess we were able to work off some of the meal dancing around before the kids remembered that their favorite little ice cream place was just around the corner. So, we splurged and they were very happy. Nathan chose one of my personal favorites (with a little prodding) - cookie dough. Kassi chose bubble gum. I thought Jesi and Drew got birthday cake, but apparently it was peppermint? Maybe I just have birthdays on the brain right now?!?
Nathan wasn't too happy about me stealing a bite of his ice cream. I was happy he didn't throw his food on the ground. He tends to do that.
The kids were SO funny trying to do the dance revolution, or whatever that game is called. Nathan was hilarious doing his little dance to the music! It all made for a wonderful birthday celebration! I didn't post the picture of me at the restaurant where my expression was obviously "please get me out of here SOON before everyone in the restaurant is staring at us" because, as much as it can be very exhausting at times, I wouldn't trade being a mother to these precious children for anything in the world! So, I guess I should just let people stare and wonder what I was thinking and answer them with a great big smile and make them wonder more!!! Jesi, I am glad to remember that we actually did do something fun for your birthday! At first we thought these pictures were from my birthday, but they were from yours! That's what we get for not blogging more often and getting behind! You are a sweetie pie and we love you so much! Happy belated b-day!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment