Sunday, February 6, 2011

Belated Halloween 2010 Memories

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting Halloween pictures! We just got home from a fun little family superbowl party at Andy's brother's house so I will make this short and sweet! Drew decided to be a Ninja last minute. He found this Ninja costume in our dress up box and got excited about it. The girls had been planning on being these cute little fairies for a month or so since Grandma Walker bought them these as a little surprise when Nathan was born. I was a little lazy with Nathan. We did put a little warm bear outfit on him at one point during the day, but I completely forgot to get a picture. Hopefully he'll forgive me :).
We enjoyed a fun family party at my Mom and Kim's home. Aren't they a cute couple?!? I remember last year I made homemade doughnuts and thought I'd make it a tradition - they were like Krispie Creme doughnuts and melted in your mouth. Ha ha. Not this year. I don't even remember what we made, but it was definitely simplified and probably healthier too! It was a lot of fun and there is never a lack of food at Grandma and Grandpa's house! The kids came home with way too much candy from this party, the trunk or treat party, and school!
Kassi and Drew hanging out with their cool-hair-do Grandpa! Notice Kassi's happy face w/ her sucker - probably her 4th or 5th of the night!
Fairy Jesi with one of her very favorite witches!
Jesi shared her cupcake with Kassi after her school party. Kassi was green all over by the time she was done with it. Got to love Jesi for sharing :)!
Jesi with her other favorite witch - her Kindergarten teacher. Jesi has done amazingly well with this incredible teacher. I have been amazed at how she has opened up and is really enjoying school.
Andy was out of town and the van wouldn't start as we were all loaded and ready to attend the school Halloween parade. So, we reloaded the carseats in the Subaru (luckily Andy had gotten a ride with Roger to the airport), and BARELY made it in time to catch Drew in the parade. We figured if he opened up the eye hole to show his face, it would be okay to wear it in the parade. Luckily it was! He is the cutest & nicest little Ninja I know!
Poor Nathan got a little neglected with Halloween photos, but these two photos were taken that day. It just goes to show how much he loves getting in and out of the car seat several times every day as we run around picking up & dropping off his siblings! He actually doesn't mind the driving too much, but that getting buckled up is not his favorite thing - he must get that from his Grandpa Walker.
We have a little bunny costume I thought about putting him in. It looks like he was wanting that costume in this picture with his cute little fists up.
You can tell I was being a bit lazy this year with a new baby. Kassi and Nathan also had colds. I usually pride myself on my pumpkin carving abilities, but not this year! We decided to keep things simple, as we were in survival mode and painted pumpkins instead. It was a lot of fun and the ones I didn't help with turned out really cute!
I know. Don't even guess that I may have helped paint that nose. I can't remember, but I must have only had my left hand free and had Kassi's hand in that left hand. Must have been that way - I really don't remember. I just remember after I helped her paint that nose that I was happy that she was happy! And, the fact that she was happy was AMAZING anyway because she had the worst cold I have ever SEEN anyone ever have. Her eyes were so red, poofy, and goopy, that I was sick just looking at my poor sweet baby girl. But, this provided an hour of fun, messy, happy entertainment for the kids, including this sick little 2 year old!
Jesi got to go on a fun little trip with her Kindergarten class and pick out a couple pumpkins. She picked out this cute little tiny pumpkin for her baby brother and painted it all by herself. She is such a sweetheart.
Drew went at it with the black paint and was quite proud of his final product. I was so excited to see him get involved in an art project. He usually would pass up an opportunity to draw or paint, but this time he was all for it and did a great job.
Since I didn't want to post the lovely pictures of Kassi's yucky eyes, I thought I'd post this one of her on Halloween. The glasses may cover her red, puffy eyes, but they can't do much to cover her attitude! Another fun filled Halloween! Andy came home just in time to drop by the church for the last few minutes of the trunk or treat party. I had decided to stay home because it was snowing, freezing, and the kiddos were getting over their colds. So, some kind neighbors took Drew and Jesi to brave the cold. After looking at our pictures of Kassi on Halloween and Christmas and how sick and miserable she was, I can almost take back my last post about loving the change in seasons. I am about ready for Spring :)! But, we'll try to stay healthy and enjoy the rest of the winter somehow! Hope you all are too!

2 comments:

Palm Springs May 08 Slideshow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...