Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thanksgiving in Idaho

With a new baby, the poor kiddos have been slightly deprived of sledding opportunities. (They have had way too many opportunities to help Andy shovel at the church this year however - does that count?!?) We had PLENTY of snow to enjoy over Thanksgiving at Andy's parents' house. They have an awesome sledding hill in their front yard. It was freezing cold, but the kids had fun for an hour or so with Andy and a crazy madre chasing after them with a camera. You can tell that I had a brand new baby on this trip because these are about the only pictures I took all weekend! Drew didn't last long enough for me to get a good shot of him out in the snow. I got outside a little late and he went in a little early. But the girls were happy to have their picture taken (oh, and Andy too)! (I didn't get as much updating done as I wanted to on Sunday, so I thought I'd upload a few photos today to help get caught up faster!)


The only shot I have of Drew in the snow (playing outside with his cousin).
Kassi's mittens kept falling off. I think I need to start doing that trick where you attach a string to the mittens and weave them through the sleeves?!?


Grandpa was putting up Christmas lights and I told Jesi to go get him with a snowball. It was almost a reenacting of Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" - not that Grandpa by any means looks like the beast, but he is quite a bit bigger than Jesi and he clobbered Jesi with a decent snowball - or maybe it was just the overly good aim?!? She was quick to forgive - both times it happened :)!
The kids LOVE visiting Grandpa and Grandma and we had a wonderful trip as usual.
I did get a good shot of two of my sweet boys. Drew LOVES holding his little bro!
Nathan and his new cousin weren't super friendly with each other on this visit, but I'm sure they'll have a blast together next time we visit!
We were so happy to be a part of little Weston's baby blessing in Andy's parents' home. It was a beautiful blessing for a precious little boy. We love all the sweet cousins in our family and it is so fun to welcome them! (Notice Andy's lovely white socks and Mike's sockless feet - too funny.) We ended up driving more than half way home, stayed at a hotel, and were stopped an hour later unable to travel the rest of the way home due to snow drifts on the Freeway. So, our vacation ended up being a day longer than planned. Then we had to go a round about way to avoid the Freeway the next day. The extra hours of driving were well worth it and we'd do it again in a heartbeat to be with Andy's wonderful family!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention your favorite part of the trip...visiting your favorite sister and attending Josie's baptism! Thanks so much for coming. It was great to have you guys there!

    I absolutely love the Christmas post. Such prescious pictures and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just shows my sanity level lately, Tami - and my lack of sleep :)! We loved visiting you guys, attending Josie's baptism, and seeing Conner's live basketball game!!! I can't believe we didn't get pictures of any of it - which explains my spacing things. No wonder I take way too many pictures - it is the ONLY way this brain will remember anything lately! Thanks for letting us visit!

    ReplyDelete

Palm Springs May 08 Slideshow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...