"It was an accident, Mom. Actually, there are no accidents, Mom."
Me: "Oh, really?"
Jesi, "That's what the turtle tells Master Shi Fu." Pause. "I think he was wrong."
She amazes me with her little bits of wisdom, too often lately from a movie she's seen! I think I've been letting the kids watch too many movies lately. We've had a flu bug off and on the last 2 weeks or so - rotating between sypmtoms and family members. I'm kind of hoping it was the dreaded Swine Flu, but I have my doubts since we didn't get high fevers. I wish we would have tested Kassi one of the two times we took her in, but alas I suppose we'll never know unless we get the the swine flu later and it is much worse?!? Kassi did have to use a nebulizer with this sickness to help clear her lungs. Hopefully this isn't a reoccuring problems like it was with Drew.
Also, the other day while discussing Christmas, Jesi said, "Christmas isn't about presents, it's about LOVE!" When I asked her where she learned that she said, "Strawberry Land!" Her favorite movies from the library are Strawberry Shortcake, which I have to admit I encourage because they are 1/2 the length of a regular movie and I grew up with the Strawberry's influence as well :0). Andy likes to start playing Christmas music in October - and sometimes in the heat of July, so we are already discussing what we want to do for Christmas this year. Do any of you guys have some ideas on making Christmas Christ-centered for kids? I'd love to hear anything you are doing now or that you did growing up to center the holidays around the Savior!
As far as an update on the other kiddos, Drew is full of hugs combined with an "I love you!" about 10 times a day. I always look forward to this little routine as soon as he sees me in the morning, after school, random times during the evening and always before bed. His sisters usually appreciate the same greetings and I know his Dad loves it too. He enjoys reading picture books to his sisters which is very fun for me to watch. He also decided this week that he wants to learn how to ride a scooter (his friends have had a greater influence than me on this idea)!!!!!!!! Did I mention I am sooo excited?!? I know this will help him in his efforts to ride a bike and roller blade as well. Jesi is learning right along with him and it will make it sooo much nicer when we walk to and from school and anytime I want to go for a walk!
Kassi's favorite things lately are shoes, which explains why right now I have a high heel shoe on one foot and a slipper on the other - it was a gift of love and she doesn't seem to understand "no, thank you" yet, so I try to accept her shoe choices when we aren't in public. I guess it is a good opportunity to teach her about matching?!? She tries on everyone's shoes and makes nice displays throughout the house. I love to hear her say, "shoe - shoe!" in her excited little voice whenever she sees that someone is shoeless! Her other favorite things include making funny faces in the mirror like her Daddy, making messes (she just threw a folded batch of her and Jesi's laundry all around the basket while I was typing - that's what I get for not completing a task), and drinking from 2 sippy cups at the same time. As she was sick the last week and a half or so, I couldn't get her to eat or drink anything. Finally, I had the idea to give her both of her sippy cups at the same time (one of milk and one of juice). She got a huge grin on her face and grabbed them both. Ever since then she has been drinking plenty as she has to have both sippy cups with her at all times and either drinks them both at the same time or rotates between the two. The same idea worked with food. If I offered her a plate, she would throw it. But, if I offered her my plate and hers, she would eat! I guess this girl likes to have a choice! That "parenting with love and logic" might actually work with her! So, I was going to put up a post with no pictures to prove to myself that I'm not dependant on them, but I just remembered pictures I took of one of her greatest messes to this date. So, I'll just have to post them! And for those of you who have gotten through another monster post, and are amazed at the fact that I have a new post up, there are several posts and slide shows below from our week or two of sickness. Hope you are all doing well and staying healthy!!! We'd love to hear from you so don't be shy :)!
I made the mistake of leaving an ink pad on the table while I ran downstairs to get some stamps (for Jesi's little preschool at our house that day). I was gone maybe a minute or two when I came upstairs to find this:
I think we should submit this pictures for advertising. It's pretty impressive how much I got out of the wood! Luckily I called my mom b/c I had this stuff and hadn't even thought about using it on ink!
I kind of wish I'd left the cute little hand print on my sewing machine! There was ink all over Kassi, her clothes, the table, and the sewing machine! I'm so glad I wasn't gone any longer or who knows where it would have been!
But, who could be upset at a face like this?!? So far this is the worst mess she has made, so I'm not complaining. My kids have been pretty mellow compared to stories I've heard!!! I just have to remember how excited I was the first time Drew made a mess! I guess it is nice to know that she is able?!?
Oh, and I have to include one more little tidbit from today, since I'm going to try to keep most of my journaling on my blog now. We got "Booed" yesterday which means someone left us a plate of goodies and a ghost to put in our window. Now we "boo" 2 other people (we plan on doing 5 since we made a triple batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to use up the 29 oz can of pumpkin we had). Anyway, when I printed the recipe, there was a darling picture of 3 girls on the page that came out of the printer. I guess one of Jesi's last drawing sessions ended up in the printer paper drawer somehow!!! It is quite appropriate that her drawing ended up on a cookie recipe since her favorite things lately are art and baking! I won't torture you with some of our latest paintings - she begs me to paint with her every day!!! But, I'll attempt to scan her picture of me, her, and Kassi on our little recipe - too funny!



such a fun post! i love hearing that my little man isn't the only one who gets into EVERYTHING.
ReplyDeletei can't wait for jack to talk to me so i can post about funny conversations too.