Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Surprise mini makeover to Drew's room!

Andy and Drew went on a trip to Colorado with all the boys in the family. They had a blast visiting grandparents and crashing a football game. I knew this would be the perfect opportunity to surprise Drew! We had a blast with my sister, Nicole, who helped supervise kids and helped me paint!!! I'm embarassed to say, and some of you may remember that we removed wallpaper in Drew's room about a year ago!!! Unfortunately, I couldn't find the picture of the pretty flowered wallpaper due to some "corrupted files" of pictures I can't seem to open - so sad. I hope you are all smarter than me and save your pictures on a cd or something as soon as you put them on your computer! Anyway, we bought the paint about 6 months ago and we finally got it done!!!
I had to include this picture to remind myself that we did sit and watch most of a session of conference - the rest was on the radio while we were hard at work :)! Yes, a toothbrush works quite nicely at entertaining my 18 month old! I hadn't planned on the guys returning a day early - which meant we had 2 days instead of 3 to complete our little project!
Cleaning walls, removing light switch covers, puttying (sp?), removing and deep cleaning blinds, cleaning vents, taping . . .

Oops!
Nicole hard at work!

Jesi "helping" me tape!
Nicole convinced me to try making our own taco pizzas - okay, so we actually got Little Caesars and added refried beans and the toppings I had available! It was actually quite tasty - don't judge until you try it yourself!
Thanks to Nicole needing a 2 liter pop bottle for school, we enjoyed root beer floats all weekend! Oh, and Nicole and Jesi did get to hop in the hot tub for a little while and Nicole and I did watch 3/4ths of the BBC version of "Wives and Daughters" (one of those crazy long 4 hour movies that you just have to see the ending of, similar to Pride and Prejudice) - poor Nicole didn't get to finish it! So, we did try to throw some fun breaks in now and then - which meant I stayed up until 2:00-3:00am 3 nights in a row. I think I'm still trying to recoop from that - I must be getting old!
Kassi's reaction to the soda pop - her face tells it all!!! She LOVED it!



Hard at work again!
Exhausted little helper!
So, I thought the Y looked better with the tape - it was more chunky. I'm still trying to get the guts up to break out the paint and make it thicker!
Our own little fairy princess removing the tape from the 'Y'!
The end product. Not exactly what I had hoped for, but a whole lot better than before! I still need to paint the furniture navy blue and eventually put up some curtains and get that rag quilt done that I've been NOT working on for a year or so! I love the poster size prints we had made at Costco. The one on the left is a picture of Drew with my Dad at a BYU basketball game. The other is a picture of Andy, Drew, and Jesi with Cosmo! Sorry, some of the pictures are pretty dark - you'll just have to come visit and we'll let you stay in the BYU suite so you can get a better look :)!




SURPRISE!!! Jesi waited up in Drew's room for about half an hour for them to arrive! They hit a snow storm and it took them several hours longer than planned, which was nice for us because Jesi was awake when they got home! She would have been heart broken if she missed the grand entrance!


It was so fun listening to Jesi about every 10 minutes say in her high, excited voice, "This is going to be the BEST surprise ever! Drew is going to love it so much!" Drew loves his new room and Jesi insists on sleeping on his floor now! I guess it's time to do a bedroom makeover to her room!!! Or, maybe I'll plan a girl's trip and let the boys surprise us. That could be scary :0)!!!

4 comments:

  1. It is amazing Heidi!!! You did good...real GOOD! Kim thinks my most used word is Good...that can't be all bad?!? Love Ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a ton of work for two days. You crazy girl I guess thats what parents do for there kiddos out of love. It looks great, im sure it was worth the suprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is awesome - and you didn't have to have TLC do it for you! :D You are ambitious and it paid off! Fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Heidi, it looks great!! That's nice that you had some great helpers (Jesi & Nicole)! I LOVE the photos of Kassi drinking the pop, that's hilarious!! Oh and yes I made Addy's tutu...I'm wishing I'd used black elastic instead of white though so it'd blend in more...I could add more tulle but I'm too lazy for that! I still have to make Shaylee's black & yellow tutu for her bumblebee costume!!

    ReplyDelete

Palm Springs May 08 Slideshow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...