Traveling back from Andy's roommate reunion(slide show below this post), we stopped at St. George to visit the temple and then later at Cove Fort (located about half way between St. George and Provo) for a neat little video and tour. I have always LOVED the St. George temple because that is where my Dad grew up and where my parents were sealed. We used to visit my grandparents down there - usually for Christmas since my Dad was a farmer - perfect timing for St. George! It just has a special place in my heart and I love when I'm able to stop by with my little family. Drew told me to take another picture of him in front of the temple and at that moment, a ray of light came through - that is one of my favorite pictures. We always seem to be traveling through St. George on a Sunday, but someday I really hope to be able to spend the weekend down there and go hike the red rocks together and visit Zion's National Park! But, the Cove Fort experience was pretty neat too! I didn't know anything about it before our little stop. It was built to lodge those traveling from Salt Lake down to St. George, to protect them from Indians. There are lots of senior couple missionaries to lead the tours and it was very interesting. We learned all kinds of things like why we sometimes say, "sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite" and other funny things we'd never realized. Back then they had ropes that worked as a bed frame to hold up the straw mattresses. They would tighten the ropes (which is where the "tight" comes from) and the straw mattresses are where the bed bugs would come from (thus the "don't let the bed bugs bite"). Anyway, someday maybe I'll remember the other things we learned! Until then, I'd recommend it as a fun break if you're driving down South! Oh, and the funny pictures of Kassi in her car seat are of her cleaning and playing with a baby wipe - she is usually happy for a few minutes with a wet wipe!!! She loves to get dirty and she loves to clean up!






No comments:
Post a Comment