At the last game (they play every Saturday), Jesi was having LOTS of fun dribbling the basketball on the sideline. I had to laugh a little when our sweet little dancer said, "Mom, basketball is kind of like dance because you have to plie (a dance move where you gracefully squat (there must be a more graceful term for squat but I can't think of it) with your toes pointed out) :o)!" Too cute. Who would ever think that?!? It will be interesting to see if she ever wants to play basketball. Since the girls are doing dance together, I haven't encouraged sports, but if they show interest, I might have to give in. And, I'd be completely happy if they decide to switch to sports later on. It is so fun to watch them dance together right now, though!
Drew was very bummed that his Christmas Nike Basketball shoes weren't the right size and we had to return them and order some new ones. It was a big lesson on patience because they had issues with getting them mailed out to us. But, he's been running great in those shoes ever since. He even takes them to school and changes into them once he gets there because he doesn't want them to get ruined outside! We are so proud of you, Drew! It has been interesting trying to keep all the kids happy on the sidelines, and it has been almost impossible to take pictures or video since Daddy has been helping coach, but we have been cheering you on and no matter what you choose to do in the future, whether it be sports, music, or any other activities, we will always be your biggest fans! And Daddy is one of your biggest fans and one of the best coaches I know!!! You are pretty lucky to have him as your coach and even better, as your Daddy!
I had to get a picture of this back in December. I had been mopping and put this nativity up on the table. I'm not sure who put the basketball here, but thought it was interesting and photo worthy. Nathan? Drew? Andy? Hmmm. Makes you wonder if there are sports in heaven. I don't know, but I'm sure if there isn't BYU football, that my dad must be given special permission to pay BYU's field a visit now and then during football season!



cute!
ReplyDelete