Okay, so I must admit that I am almost hopelessly behind on this blog once again. My old goal to post every Sunday afternoon worked pretty well until the holidays hit and now church starts at 11:00, which means we don't get home until about 2:45 and everyone is starving for lunch and dinner at the same time and then we have our traditional family counsel and drinks about 6, 6:30, 7, 7:30. Anyway, lets just say Sundays aren't the best day anymore. And, I've been thinking a lot about how I have been counseled in a very important way to write a page in my journal "EVERY DAY"!!! That counsel has been eating at me for many, many years and I have never come up with a good solution to record my thoughts and feelings every WEEK (let alone every DAY)!!! I have come to realize that the problem comes from my getting overwhelmed more and more and getting a little more behind every day and therefore postponing my catching up as long as possible! SO, I HAVE DECIDED TO WRITE A LITTLE SOMETHING EVERY SINGLE DAY - EITHER ON THE BLOG OR IN MY PERSONAL JOURNAL (WHICH HAS BEEN GREATLY LACKING OF LATE)!!! And, I'm not putting the personal journal thing in just as an easy way out of this renewed blog commitment, either :)! I really think if I just spend a few minutes every day posting a thought, a funny story, an experience, etc. that I will be able to preserve a lot of things that I was told my family will read, ponder, and enjoy (because I have been amazed at how quickly I forget things that I'm sure I will NEVER EVER forget)! For a little while, I'll be doing a lot of catch up, but I hope that soon, I will be more able to preserve some precious memories for generations to come that otherwise would have been lost. So, here is to my new goal to write a little something every day and I so appreciate all of you faithful family and friends who leave your sweet comments & encourage me to keep going on what often seems like a hopeless, never-ending quest (much like the laundry or the floor staying clean around here), but which will help our family to forever relive our memories and our love!!! We love all of you! This goal was inspired by a friend who suggests working 10 minutes a day on a project or activity that you would rather not do. So, I think I need to set aside a half hour every day: 10 min. to a cleaning project that has been neglected, 10 min. to blogging/journaling, & 10 min. to another project that has been on the back burner (like organizing an area, sending some thank you's, making a long neglected phone call, etc., etc.) Most of these I can do while I'm uploading photos anyway since our internet isn't very fast and it takes several minutes to upload 2 photos at a time and I'm always working in between uploads! Small changes make a big difference, right!?! Here's to hoping this works! If you have any other ideas for me, please share! Thank you!!!
And, to start it out, I wanted to do a belated post for my sweet Valentines,
which ended up below this post!



No comments:
Post a Comment